Forklift can be divided into which types?
1. Classified by power plant:
(1) Internal combustion forklift: powered by an internal combustion engine, it can be divided into: gasoline engine, diesel engine and LPG forklift according to different fuels used;
Features: good power and mobility, and a wide range of applications;
(2) Electric forklift: powered by battery and driven by DC or AC motor.
Features: simple structure, flexible and environmentally friendly;
Inadequate: The power endurance is poor, special charging equipment is required, the driving speed is not high, and the road surface requirements are high.
Mainly applicable to: indoor operation occasions.
2. Classification according to structural characteristics:
(1) Counter balanced forklift: It uses an internal combustion engine or a battery as its power. Its characteristic is that the body itself is heavier, and its weight is balanced with the weight on the fork to prevent the forklift from tipping forward after loading. It is extremely adaptable, accounting for more than 80% of the total number of forklifts, and has the characteristics of simple operation, strong maneuverability and high efficiency. The front wheels are driving wheels, and the rear wheels are steering wheels.
(2) Plug-in forklift: It is characterized by that the outrigger with small wheels at the front of the forklift can be extended into the stacking cargo with the fork, and then the fork lifts the cargo. Good stability, generally use battery as energy source, lifting capacity is below 2t.
(3) Side load forklift: The side frame of the side-type forklift and the fork are on the side of the forklift, and there is a cargo platform on the side. The mast retracts along the guide rail, lowers the fork, and the goods are placed on the cargo platform of the forklift, suitable for long material handling.
(4) Reach forklift: The fork of the forward-moving forklift can move back and forth along the longitudinal direction of the forklift. It has two outstretched legs. Compared with Plug-in forklift, the front wheels are larger and the legs are higher. The legs cannot be inserted into the bottom of the cargo during operation. Like the forklift truck, the forward-moving reach forklift truck has the center of gravity of the cargo falling into the support plane of the vehicle, so the stability is very good.
(5) Container forklift/container handler: a forklift specially used to lift containers, designed with a wedge specifically inserted into the lock hole of the container. Generally, the container that can be inserted is within 6 meters.
(6) Order picker forklift: the forklift can lift the higher position for picking.
3. Classification by usage:
(1) General-purpose forklift: a forklift that can be used on most occasions and has a wide range of applications.
(2) Special forklifts: Forklifts with special purposes, such as stacking forklifts, container forklifts, forklifts for working in boxes, stone special forklifts, etc.