What is the differences of Lead Acid battery and Lithium battery?
The Lead Acid battery is generally removed after a shift and then fully charged prior to being refitted onto the forklift, it can be charged directly in a safe location. The Li-ion battery can be continuously recharged during operational downtime or satutory breaks.
Features of Lead acid battery
• Last for 1,200 to 1,400 cycles
• Battery efficiency 70%
• Generally removed to be fully charged
• Requires a ventilated charging space
• Requires some regular maintenance
• Additional batteries required for multi-shift operation
Features of Lithium battery
• Last for 4,000 cycles
• Battery efficiency 95%
• Is charged in-situ
• Does not require a ventilated charging space
• Requires minimal maintenance
• Can be opportunity charged for multi-shift operation.
What do you need to consider when choosing Lead-acid battery or Lithium battery?